Body is the stat that indicates a peep's state of health. It is indicated by a green cross. () If it gets too low, they will seek out a sick bay. At ten thousand points a peep in perfectly health, at below six thousand they are considered ill, at below ten points they are probably dead.
Injury and disease can cause decreases in body.
Greys gain body points while working (+10) and conversations with them allow other peeps to gain points. (+100)
Illness and injury Edit
Life as a peep isn't always easy, even post war there are still plenty of ways for a peep to meet their premature end.
These life ending/shortening problems are divided into the categories below, disease, injury and other.
These lower a peep's body stat. Once the dangerous activity ceases, the stat levels off (instead of decreasing, as with a disease). If it is too low, they must seek out help at a sick bay. If it reaches zero before the danger subsides, the peep will die (and you will be out at least 1000e).
Peeps can be injured in many ways including skrasher attacks, being hit by laser blasts and taking the holodrome too seriously. Minor injuries and strains can be suffered in other ways, such dancing at a disco.
Somehow being shot at is worse for a peep than being clubbed to death by a skrasher, which only degrades mind and body points. Being shot at degrades all of a peeps major stats.
| || |
| || -1000||-5000|
| || -500||-5000|
| || -500||-3000|
| || -400||-3000|
| || -200||-2500|
| || -100||-2000|
| || || || || || || || |
|All || -|| -|| -1000|| -1000|| -100|| -1000|| -1000||-10|
| || -100|| -1250|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
| || -50|| -1250|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
| || -100|| -1000|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
| || -50|| -1000|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
| || -100|| -830|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
| || -50|| -700|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
| || -40|| -600|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
| || -20|| -550|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
| || -10|| -500|| -|| -|| -|| -|| -||-|
Ranging from simple sniffles to chest bursting aliens these twelve conditions suck the life (points) out of a peep. Certain diseases also damage other attributes. These diseases are either brought on board with the individual, transmitted from one person to another, or else caught from creatures such as vermin and memaus. (Be forewarned, conversation with vermin always results in illness.)
Diseases drain a certain number of attribute points per second, for some this can give people plenty of time before they experience death, spiritual crisis/madness, incontinence, depression, starvation or acute boredom. For others, it is only a matter of minutes.
- Radiation Sickness - Non-evident sickness caused by radiation exposure
- Common Cold - Common illness, the most contagious in the galaxy (who knew?)
- Solar Fever - An illness akin to a powerful sunburn
- Nymphitus - A Siren illness that causes the sufferer to constantly require love
- Lunar Psychosis - A mental illness that gradual degrades the carrier's soul
- Hyperactivus - A serious concern to administrators, those suffering from this disease can't seem to have enough fun
- Gut Worm - An intestinal parasite that feeds off excess food matter in the subject's digestive system
- Droop Eye - A sleeping disorder that brings unnatural fatigue
- Volatile - A dangerous disease that can cause the subject to suddenly explode
- Blotchy Green - Similar to the plague, but adds the secondary symptom of depression
- Space Plague - The dreaded plague, which causes substantial health concerns. Its contagion spreads quite easily.
- Alien Spawn - An internal parasite that gradually eats away at the host's body, establishing a sense of euphoria, before exploding from the host in the form of a Skrasher.
Other reasons peeps dieEdit
Game files suggest that there is a cause of death associated with several stats
Investigating causes of deathEdit
The analyser at a laboratory can be used to determine cause of death, although death by skrasher and laser blast usually return a verdict of 'unknown'.
So, one of your peeps has died, now what? Given time a body will decay and probably be cleaned up by a passing scuzzer. Dead peeps can be beamed into the pattern buffer and recycled. Finding a corpse upsets peeps, especially if it is one of their own species.
- Bastic flu - A form of influenza that VAL's prior administrator, Cenopus Vark, was infected with. His work ethic was so strong that he continued running four mining operations while suffering from its effects.
- Bile-worm - A nasty parasite that once inhabited the body of Administrator Migby Pariah. By the time it crawled out of his big toe, it had eaten enough of his innards to leave him flat as a pancake and was over nine meters long.